Are you having challenges with hive layout? Need a decent planner to get everyone organized? Download this Excel template to get started. It’s broken out using an example layout to give you a few ideas, but can be customized to taste.
A good hive should be defensible from outside attacks, serve KVK battles, and optimize AVA. Consider the following tips:
- Allow room to swing towers in for AVA. All defensible structures should be a 20 second march from your defenders
- Put the hospital somewhere where you won’t murder innocent patients every time you fight AVA
- Consider forest-edge layout to pop invaders from forest, or to serve as a KVK launch point
- Group castles by level and playtime if optimized for growth
- Spread defenders among smaller castles if optimized for KE
- Why use four cells per tile?
You have to do it this way to plan for tricky mountains and other half-tile or quarter-tile obstacles.
- Why color-code by castle level?
Easier to spot flaws if you are optimizing for growth or battle.
- Does this actually work?
Not really, people never follow instructions perfectly. But it helps to get others involved in planning and coordinating a move.
- Planning tip, fort gives 6 half-tiles in each direction and each tower can extend an additional six half-tiles.